Step 1: Join Discord
You must have a Discord account to join. Complete the registration process and confirm your email address in the email they send you.
Step 2: Install Discord apps
Install the Discord app on your desktop and mobile devices. Mac users: you must follow extra steps to give Discord access to Camera, Microphone, Accessibility, and Key Bindings.
Step 3: Get verified on our Server
Click the button below and then follow the directions posted in #house-rules. You will only see three non-member channels until we approve you.
By joining, you agree to our policies.
- Be respectful, welcoming, and inclusive.
- Keep the conversation SFW (safe for work).
- No spam or advertising.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Violators can be banned anytime, at moderator discretion.
?report to silently flag a moderator to review violations.
Request New Channels
If a topic warrants a new channel, post a question in #polls. “Can we get a ____ channel for ____? Who’s with me?” Once your vote has 10+ interested people, a mod will create the new channel.
Use Direct Messages for Private Chat
Our server is set to send notifications for every message posted. Be kind and move one-on-one conversations to a Direct Message so members aren’t overwhelmed.
Test A/V and Push-to-Talk ASAP!
We’ll do our best to help you troubleshoot before meetups. But please spend 15 minutes to test drive these features ahead of time.
- Confirm your audio setup is working properly with the Mic Test tool. Try these audio tips if you’re having difficulty connecting.
- Use Push-to-Talk (P2T) to prevent distracting background noise, like a walkie-talkie. Hold down your P2T shortcut keys while talking to enable your microphone.
- Learn about screen sharing and video calls so you can share video content without issue. Some of our streaming channels have these features disabled for non-moderators.
- Mac users: You must explicitly grant Discord permissions so all features work! Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Add Discord to these areas: Microphone, Camera, Key Bindings, and Accessibility.
We’re offering one-on-one support for members. Ping us if you need assistance.