It’s wordy, but important…
Our participants are expected to comply with policies at club-related events, affiliated venues, online spaces, and in private communications. Violations may result in expulsion from activities and offerings without refund. Policies are subject to change anytime.
By participating in AnimeChicago activities, you agree to the policies below.
Code of Conduct
Zero DramaIn a group this size we do not expect everyone to get along, but we do expect everyone to take steps prevent individual dislikes from becoming public drama. If anyone's behavior is preventing you from enjoying an event, do not engage the person directly. Our event organizers can handle the situation and avert escalation.
- Report major grievances or other problems to event organizers privately
- Ignore minor annoyances from other members or posters
- Disengage from gossip, ostracizing, or posting of negative comments
Treat Others with RespectInterjecting is sometimes necessary and there will certainly be disagreements during debates. But we ask you remain civil and let event organizers reestablish order when things heat up.
- Be kind and friendly whenever possible
- Respect the opinions, privacy and personal boundaries of others
- Give everyone a chance to speak and minimize interruptions
- Share ideas on facilitating safe, positive spaces
Use Common SensePlease exercise careful judgement when you speak and act. We reserve the right to expel people from the group or group events if they are making others uncomfortable. The fact that a particular action is not explicitly outlined does not prevent expulsion.
- Arrive on-time, presentable, and ready to socialize
- Maintain clean and orderly meeting spaces
- Follow the rules of every venue
- Report behavior that appears inappropriate or unsafe to an event organizer
MinorsAttendance is limited to those 18 years or older, as some of our meetings cover content that might be considered inappropriate for minors.
AttendanceClub events happen in private spaces that have very limited seating and cannot accommodate attendees who arrive too early. Please be respectful of others by minimizing cancellations, tardiness, and absenteeism. Meetup attendees with three “No Shows” are subject to expulsion without refund.
- Update your RSVP status 48-hours prior to the event
- Message us if an urgent matter prevents you from attending
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes early
- Do not bring unexpected guests
SubstancesAlcoholic beverages are suitable icebreakers for meetups such as ours. Therefore, we may serve alcohol at events, entertain at venues where alcohol is served, or host BYOB parties where attendees supply drinks to share. If you choose to drink alcohol, you will:
- Consume alcohol responsibly and lawfully
- Ask permission from the event organizer before bringing alcohol to an event
- Behave in accordance with our Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policies
- Arrive and depart safely
- Pressure others to drink alcohol
- Arrive at events already intoxicated
- Disrespect the opinions, privacy or personal boundaries of others
- Engage in behavior that puts your safety or the safety of others at risk
- Violate state or federal laws regarding controlled substances
- Check ID at any time
- Arrange alternative transportation if we believe you are unable to commute safely
- Ask you to leave if you are intoxicated or behaving disruptively
Anti-harassmentAnimeChicago is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of our members or participants in any form. Harassment includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact an event organizer immediately. We can provide escorts, contact local law enforcement, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe both online and during club events.
Privacy and SolicitationAnimeChicago does not sell, trade, or share information we collect from participants with third-parties. We do not officially endorse products based on solicitation requests, and sponsorship agreements will be disclosed during the promotion of said sponsors. Member information will remain confidential unless otherwise required by law, overriding public health and safety concerns, or authorized by the member in question.
Illegal SharingAnimeChicago does not endorse or condone illegal file sharing or infringement of licensed work. Any posts or comments to such content will be removed without notice.
LiabilityBy attending any event, you agree not to hold AnimeChicago liable in the event of injury or damage to any person or property as the result of an organization-sponsored meeting or activity. Damages are the sole financial responsibility of the negligent party.
Copyright and Use LicenseMaterials displayed in this website are the property of AnimeChicago and others. AnimeChicago material is protected by copyright and trademark law where applicable. You may:
- quote materials for Fair Use, with proper attribution and credit
- request use of materials for other purposes
- modify or copy the materials
- use the materials for any commercial purpose
- use the materials for any public display (commercial or noncommercial)
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server