Not many understand the skill and passion that goes into making a truly fantastic cosplay. Anime fans often pour their hearts into a costume only seen for a three-day convention, leaving some great memories, a handful of photos, and an early retirement… a process repeated on an annual basis.
Fortunately, Chicago has a few Halloween opportunities for cosplayers and norms to revel in their craftsmanship together. Or if you’re just in it for the screams, there’s a couple of CTA accessible haunted houses. Here’s a round-up of Halloween-related events happening over the next week:
- Nerd-o-Ween 2.0: AnimeChicago’s geek-approved party hosted by ChicagoNerds.com
- Tons of Halloween Bar Parties: via chicago.metromix.com
- Chicagoween: explorechicago.org
- Cursed Chicago: cursedchicago.com
- Navy Fear: thefearhauntedhouse.com
- Haunted Sanitarium: via ChicagoReader.com
- Miscellaneous Halloween Events: ChicagoReader.com
And for those heading to Youmacon, have a great time!